Unleash the Power of the AIM for Teaching Languages!
Date: October 26th & 27th, 2019 in Toronto, ON.
- Workshops for Beginner AIM teachers
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
The Latvian Canadian Cultural Center
4 Credit Union Dr, North York, ON M4A 2N8
Date & Time
This is a two day workshop. The days are:
Day 1: Saturday, October 26th, 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. You will learn how to:
• Get your students speaking the target language and use gestures to establish painlessly!) a French-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
• Encourage language production from all students at all levels
• Scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
• Use music and choreography to create an active and engaging classroom environment
• Work with AIM plays at the beginning levels and utilize the effectiveness of a story-based approach
• Introduce basic language manipulation activities
After day one of the workshop, there is a break for you to start implementing AIM in your classroom.
Day 2: Sunday, October 27th, 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
The facilitator will continue to focus on the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom. Topics covered will include:
• How to maximize use of gestures and have students speaking with you at all times
• How to implement story retelling and story extension activities
• How to correct work with an emphasis on error analysis as a way to refine grammar knowledge in context
Saturday, October 26th, 2019 8:00am-9:00am
Facilitator: Pauline Galea
Lunch is included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.