Level 2 - 2-Day Training - Refresh, Reinforce and Consolidate
For Core/FSL (Grades K-12) and French Immersion ( Grades K-6) Late Immersion/Extended French ( Grades 4-8) with Edite Sammons (Certified AIM teacher/mentor and Chief Curriculum Consultant)
Dates: October 20 & 21, 2023 (Two seven-hour days of training/networking)
Times: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Aberdeen Hall School, Kelowna BC https://www.aberdeenhall.com
Wine Tasting Tour:
October 20th, 2023 - A trip to Kelowna would not be complete without a winery tour! Enjoy the fabulous fall weather and sip on some of the best wine the Okanagan has to offer...and at the same time, get to know some of your AIM peers and leaders. We are thrilled to be visiting these three amazing local wineries: The Vibrant Vines, The View and Priest Creek. We expect this event to fill up fast, so make sure you don't miss out! To book, you can add this option from the dropdown.
Grants are available for BC residents as long as you also attend our Virtual Specialty Sessions on February 17th, 2024. You can select this 3-day option in the dropdown of the workshop you wish to purchase.
Are you ready to improve your AIM teaching practice? A refresher is just what you need! This course will reinforce the AIM approach and will help you drive deeper student engagement.
This is a NEW workshop for AIM teachers! It is designed to provide extensive hands-on experience with a few aspects of AIM that teachers often need to review and reinforce. It is a preparatory workshop for success with Level 3 Up your Game with AIM workshop, which meets the needs of more experienced AIM teachers.
In order to register for this workshop and to participate fully in all the activities, you must confirm that you:
know all of the gestures from a Step One kit.
have actively used AIM in the past two years.
have implemented a Step One kit in full. You know how to model all the basic language manipulation activities up to and including Questions Partielles.
Don't miss out! There will be live demonstration classes with students given by AIM Creator, Wendy Maxwell.
In these sessions you will:
- improve your understanding of and practice with the basic Gesture Approach techniques
- receive extensive hands-on practice with TLSE/Spontaneous gesturing, to improve your proficiency with the ongoing gesturing with your class
- learn how to maximize language use through basic oral questions and other activities
- learn simple, effective vocabulary-building oral activities/games
In these sessions you will:
- review some basic written modelling techniques as well as ones that push students further in their ability to maximize language use and begin to edit their own work
- review and extend your knowledge of AIM classroom systems and routines that develop language proficiency and engagement during written partner/group activities
- develop your skills in implementing one of AIM's most important creative Activities: Story Retelling
Up to one week before date of workshop: 90% REFUND.
No Refund if cancellation less than seven days before workshop.