Getting started with AIM is as easy as 1-2-3!
Working proficiency in the target language within 100 instructional hours.STEP
Learn about the AIM approach and how it transforms your classroom
In just 100 hours of classroom instruction, the Accelerative integrated Methodology (AIM) will enable your students to develop a working proficiency in the target language. Read MorexSTEP
Learn about the AIM approach and how it transforms your classroom!
In just 100 hours of classroom instruction, the Accelerative Integrated Methodology (AIM) will enable your students to develop a working proficiency in the target language
AIM brings true transformation to the experience of teaching and learning a second language using these key strategies:
- Gestures are used to introduce and reinforce vocabulary and enable a target-language only environment. These visual and kinesthetic props allow new words and associated grammar to pass directly to meaning, so there is no need to translate back into the first language.
- Useful key words are taught first. The most useful and highest-frequency words have been carefully selected and are introduced within the first few hours of instruction, giving students the tools they need to communicate from the very first class.
- Content-based instruction is carefully designed to create an immersion-like experience where students focus on task-based activities relating to dramatic arts and literacy. Each kit culminates in activities that synthesize all that has been acquired through the kit.
- An inductive approach to grammar ensures abstract grammar concepts are taught naturally and in context. Grammar raps are memorized to learn and use the rules, as well as understand language patterns. Students are amazed to discover grammar can be both cool and fun!
- Cooperative learning activities get students working with each other, speaking and writing creatively in the target language. The highly participatory and active learning environment in an AIM classroom ensures students of all abilities and learning styles are supported.
Learn more in Step 2 on how to build your AIM foundation.STEP
Build your basic AIM foundation
There are two fundamental building blocks you will need to build your AIM foundation An AIM Teaching Kit and AIM Training.
- An AIM Teaching Kit which includes all the resources to implement the AIM in your classroom.
- AIM Training to help you maximize your success as an AIM Teacher. Read More
Build your Basic AIM Foundation
There are two fundamental building blocks you will need to build your AIM foundation: An AIM Teaching Kit and AIM Training.
- AIM Teaching Kit with the resources to implement the AIM in your classroom.
AIM Teaching Kit
Each kit contains all the necessary resources for 50 hour so of systematized and engaging classroom practice and revolves around a central story/play. Kit resources include:
- The AIM Program Guide with an overview of the AIM
- Whole Class Activities Book (Teacher's Guide) with daily lesson templates and activities
- Partner Group Activities Book (Blackline Masters) with creative writing activities
- Posters and Image Cards
Video, audio and digital resources
- Student DVD with gestures, dances and the play
- Teacher DVD with gestures, dances and the play, and an extensive instructional component
- Audio CD with songs, raps and sound effects
- CD-ROM with PDFs and PowerPoints of the play, raps and songs
To easily determine which kit you need, review the appropriate AIM kit overview. When selecting a kit keep the following in mind:
- Start at the beginning. All students must start at Level 1, even if they have they have some ability in the target language. This enables the students to develop the language base upon which new vocabulary and structures become meaningful.
- Move sequentially through the levels. AIM kits are carefully scaffolded and sequenced, so it is important not to skip levels.
Training is key to successful implementation of the AIM. Whether you are a new AIM teacher looking for introductory support for your first AIM kit, or an experienced teacher interested in developing your AIM practice, we offer numerous training options that will help you realize the full potential of the AIM approach. Designed to be practical and hands-on AIM training will give you direct experience and guidance to show you how to use AIM teaching resources most effectively.
Select from the e-training and in-person training options in our Professional Development Section, or contact AIM to discuss your needs.
For questions about kits or training: Call 1 800 668 6288 (North America) or (+1) 604 984 0015 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AIM Teaching Kit
Each Kit includes all the resources you need to implement the AIM in your classroom. Review the Kit Overview below to find the kit that meets your needs.
Register for Foundations Training, enroll in an AIM workshop, and explore our Online Teacher Training website to help you confidently begin your first class.
Working proficiency in the target language within 100 hours!
AIM Kits Overview
How to Order:
North America: 1-800-668-6288
International: (1) 604-984-0015
Fax: (1) 604-987-0005
or Order OnlineSTEP
Enhance your AIM teaching kit and achieve even greater results with our supplementary resources. Read MorexSTEP
Enhance your AIM teaching kit and achieve even greater results with our supplementary resources:
- Student Portal for at-home practice
- Readers in French, Spanish and English
- Online Teacher Training with Gesture Database to help locate gestures for all kits quickly and easily
- Cultural literacy packs to inspire your students’ interest in French culture
- Language Assessment Package inspired by the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference)
- Action Oriented Tasks Resource Book based on the CEFR with activities that reflect real-life scenarios
- SMART Board Digital Downloads that will engage your whole classroom
- Board Games to enhance the experience with AIM readers