Discover the Power of the AIM for Teaching English!
Early Bird Special: 199 Euros ($220 USD) until October 31, 2019!
Regular Price: 220 Euros ($245 USD)
Registration is limited - please book early!
Date: Monday January 27, 2019 - 09:00h to 15:00h
One-day Beginner Workshop
Experience the Accelerative Integrated Methodology (AIM), developed by a teacher in her classroom and that is now used all over the world to teach languages! Many eyes are on the AIM as it is transforming how languages are taught. A study published in 2019 by a researcher at the University of Groningen has stated that AIM students outperform students in other programs in all language skills.
Introduction to the AIM for English
In this interactive workshop you will have the opportunity to learn about and try some of the innovative techniques used in the AIM. You will learn strategies that will rapidly accelerate your students’ oral and written proficiency.
You will learn:
- Gestures from Wendy Maxwell’s 'Gesture Approach'
- How to get your students speaking English and how to establish an English-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
- How to get language production even from shy students
- To scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
- To use music and choreography as part of the AIM
- How to work with AIM plays at the beginning levels
- Basic language manipulation activities and story retelling
At the end of day one of this workshop, you'll be ready to begin to use AIM in your English classroom!
1703 DA Heerhugowaard
Blosse is located near the railway station of Heerhugowaard (5 minutes walk), with ample parking space.
Come and learn about a revolutionary methodology that is transforming language education all over the world. Discover how AIM blends the best of language acquisition theory and brain-based research with interactive, systematized and engaging classroom practice, creating astounding results. During this action-packed and interactive workshop, you will learn how your students can become proficient in the target language in less than 100 instructional hours!
Facilitator: Wendy Maxwell - Creator of the Accelerative Integrated Methodology (AIM)
Lunch, coffee and tea will be provided.