Attention FSL and Immersion Teachers!
Get off to a great start in the new year with an AIM workshop.
Give your students and your teaching practice a boost of energy or move your AIM implementation to a new level.
Wendy Maxwell, creator of the methodology, will deliver the beginner/refresher training to help teachers new to the methodology get started right away. This workshop is also for teachers who have experience with the AIM and who wish to refresh their skills and move forward with their implementation of the AIM.
Date: Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 and Friday, January 24th, 2020 in Calgary AB.
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
View live classroom demonstrations with students!
As we are hosting the workshop at a school whose teacher uses the methodology, you will have opportunities to view live class demonstrations where you may experience AIM in action!
Colonel Sanders School
226 Northmount Dr NW,
Workshops for Beginner AIM teachers or for those who would like a refresher.
We recommend that teachers attend refresher workshops every two years for the first two years of implementation
This interactive and practical professional development will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
What is the AIM?
The Accelerative Integrated Methodology (AIM), is a research-based
language teaching methodology developed by a Canadian teacher
in her classroom and that is now used in classrooms
all over the world to teach languages!
The AIM has proven success at rapidly accelerating
students’ oral and written proficiency.
Many eyes are on the AIM as it is transforming how languages are taught. Research published in 2019 in the Netherlands show that
AIM students outperform other students in ALL language skills!
This is a two-day workshop.
Day 1: Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
You will learn how to:
• Get your students speaking the target language and use gestures to establish painlessly!) a French-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
• Encourage language production from all students at all levels
• Scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
• Use music and choreography to create an active and engaging classroom environment
• Work with AIM plays at the beginning levels and utilize the effectiveness of a story-based approach
• Introduce basic language manipulation activities
“If students could experience this type of learning success in every subject, we would bring education to an entirely different level for our kids! This is truly an incredible methodology.”
-Angelle Rickard, French Teacher
Day 2: Friday, January 24th, 2020 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
The facilitator will continue to focus on the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
Topics covered will include:
• How to maximize use of gestures and have students speaking with you at all times
• How to implement story retelling and story extension activities
• How to correct work with an emphasis on error analysis as a way to refine grammar knowledge in context
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2020 8:00am-9:00am
Facilitator: Pauline Galea
Lunch is included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.
Should you be unable to attend, we refund 90% up to one week before the workshop. Within 7 days of the workshop date, we will not be able to issue a refund.