- ▼ Kit Content
In response to teacher feedback, this kit has many new features... more technology, alignment with the CEFR, fully-described lesson plans.
The Whole-Class Activities Book and associated Blackline Masters or Student Book guide you and your students through the implementation of the core methodology. You are shown how to accelerate proficiency through a scaffolded, systematic approach, so that students are able to engage in productive and interactive language activities.
Whole-Class Activities Book (Teacher’s Guide)
This book includes:
- whole-class activities in five- to ten-minute segments,
- classroom systems,
- entry and leaving routines, and
- 85-Lesson Overview that illustrates the intended flow of the activities in the Kit how to rotate through entry and leaving routines, how often to model each new activity, how to recycle vocabulary, when to introduce each partner/group activity and how long students typically spend in it and when to introduce the creative work with story - story retelling and extension)
- assessment for learning blackline masters,
- vocabulary lists and
- game cards.
Partner/Group Activities Book (Blackline Masters)
- Student Workbooks are available as an additional purchase.
- Student Digital Workbooks are available for 1:1 classrooms as an additional purchase.
For younger classes, shared reading with the Big Book is a very important AIM activity. You may also use the e-reader of this same book, projected from the Portal.
Posters and Image Cards
- Image cards of words not gestured
- Hard-copy song and rap posters with lyrics. These also appear as projectable posters on the Portal
AIM Kit Portal (2-year subscription)
- ▼ Portal
A two-year subscription comes with the purchase of the Kit
The Portal contains aspects of the content found in the Guides (videos, songs, e-readers, listening activities). Student digital workbooks available for the Portal as an additional purchase.
- The songs (with instrumental versions)
- Fun classroom raps (with instrumental versions)
- E-reader of the story with highlighted text and audio
- Gestured vocabulary for this kit
- Music videos
- The play gestured for this kit
- The play performed by students in costume
- An authentic first class with AIM
- Additional Teacher Instructional Videos
- Complimentary access for 32 students
Do you have more than one class and need additional portals?
- ▼ Student Workbooks
A Student Book saves a great deal of photocopying time and ensures that all student work is kept neatly in one place. Available in both hard copy and digital format on the Portal for 1:1 classrooms.
- ▼ Supplementary Resources
- ▼ Teacher Training
Initial and ongoing teacher training is key to the successful implementation of AIM. We have many options for you!
Foundations Training: A series of live online webinars to support your implementation of the Kit or to further your knowledge of the methodology
Face-to-face workshops: with certified AIM Facilitators/Mentors
Two-Day Intensive Summer Institutes: an opportunity to meet with expert facilitators and AIM teachers worldwide
NEW ¿Dónde está mi perro? Kit - 2022
Pre-orders are now available. Expected completion is March 2022.
In response to teacher feedback, this kit has many new features... more technology, fully-described lesson plans, focus on thinking skills and creativity!
¿Dónde está mi perro? is an emotionally-charged story about a little girl’s search for her much-loved lost dog. Written by Wendy Maxwell, this story and associated activities found in the kit will engage and entertain younger students.
Teachers have been thrilled with ¡Historias en acción! para pequeños, the AIM resource for young beginners.