Step 2 - Comment y aller ? kit *NEW 2017 Edition
- ▼ Kit Content
In response to teacher feedback, this kit has many new features... more technology, alignment with the CEFR, fully-described lesson plans, additional assessment activities and focus on metacognition. .
The Whole-Class Activities Book and associated Blackline Masters or Student Book guide you and your students through the implementation of the core methodology. You are shown how to accelerate proficiency through a scaffolded, systematic approach, so that students are able to engage in productive and interactive language activities.
Whole-Class Activities Book (Teacher’s Guide)
This book includes:
- whole-class activities in five- to ten-minute segments,
- classroom systems,
- entry and leaving routines, and
- 85-Lesson Overview that illustrates the intended flow of the activities in the Kit how to rotate through entry and leaving routines, how often to model each new activity, how to recycle vocabulary, when to introduce each partner/group activity and how long students typically spend in it and when to introduce the creative work with story - story retelling and extension)
- assessment for learning blackline masters,
- vocabulary lists and
- game cards.
Partner/Group Activities Book (Blackline Masters)
Including the play, vocabulary list, language-manipulation activities, simple and more complex questions based on the story, creative writing activities and words to the accompanying songs.
In this book, you will find assessment activities for, as and of learning. CAN DO statements for both teacher and students provide the basis upon which to create learning strategies and success criteria and to develop student metacognition and reflection. The Student Portfolio begins the long-term process of documentation of student achievement through the language learning journey that begins with this Step One Kit.
CEFR Action-Oriented Tasks Book
Once students begin to develop a certain proficiency toward the end of the first core Kit, you select from among a bank of suggested tasks, based on the skills targeted in the Ontario Curriculum. We indicate suggested times for introduction of activities based on expected proficiency developed.
- Student Workbooks are available as an additional purchase.
- Student Digital Workbooks are available for 1:1 classrooms as an additional purchase.
For younger classes, shared reading with the Big Book is a very important AIM activity. You may also use the e-reader of this same book, projected from the Portal.
Overview of the Principles, strategies and techniques for successful implementation of the methodology in relation to how it develops authentic proficiency through the levels as stated in the CEFR.
Posters and Image Cards
- Image cards of words not gestured
- Hard-copy song and rap posters with lyrics. These also appear as projectable posters on the Portal
AIM Kit Portal (2-year subscription)
- ▼ Portal
A two-year subscription comes with the purchase of the Kit
The Portal contains aspects of the content found in the Guides (videos, songs, e-readers, listening activities). Student digital workbooks available for the Portal as an additional purchase.
- The songs (with instrumental versions)
- Fun classroom raps (with instrumental versions)
- eReader of the story with highlighted text and audio
- eReaders Nuit Blanche and Chez moi !
- Gestured vocabulary for this kit
- Music videos
- The play gestured for this kit
- The play performed by students in costume
- An authentic first class with AIM
- Additional Teacher Instructional Videos
- Complimentary access for 32 students
Do you have more than one class and need additional portals?
- ▼ Student Resources
Once you have begun to use AIM, you might like to consider resources that will enhance your implementation of AIM:
Hard copy and digital ereaders
- ▼ Student Workbooks
A Student Book saves a great deal of photocopying time and ensures that all student work is kept neatly in one place. Available in both hard copy and digital format on the Portal for 1:1 classrooms.
Shop Student Workbooks
- ▼ Teacher Training
Initial and ongoing teacher training is key to the successful implementation of AIM. We have many options for you!
Foundations Training: A series of live online webinars to support your implementation of the Kit or to further your knowledge of the methodology
Face-to-face workshops: with certified AIM Facilitators/Mentors
Two-Day Intensive Summer Institutes: an opportunity to meet with expert facilitators and AIM teachers worldwide
Comment y aller ? kit *NEW 2017 Edition
Most appropriate for ages 9-13
This play is suitable to elementary students of all ages. It is the story about the misadventures of a girl from Québec who tries to visit her friend in Paris. In the end, she makes it to his house only to find that he has already left to visit her. By the end of this kit, most students should be able to complete their own 10-page story extensions entirely in French.
Enhance your kit with the following extras:34 avenue du Parc- Reader
A fairy has lost her ability to be the free spirit that she was. But, with the help of a friend, she is able to turn things around. The story shows the importance of friendship and that we do not need to be perfect to help each other.
Story: Jacqueline Kelly
Illustrations: Stan Gadziola
Appropriate for ages: 7-12
Zolo Zilli le jongleur- Reader
The Zilli family is famous for their circus performances. Zolo Zilli, a young juggler wants to juggle eight bananas on a unicycle. It will not be easy but Zolo wants to beat the world record. When his sister Zozi laughs at him and says that he won't be able to do this, he starts believing that he isn't capable of doing so. This story shows that if you really want to do something and you try hard enough, you can achieve success.
Story: Juli Powers
Illustrations: Louie Escauriaga
Appropriate for ages: 7-12