Identify your students' language competency, irrespective of grade level or age with this wonderful, full-color package based on the principles of the CEFR.
Why and when to use this Package?
Assessment for learning and assessment for teaching are important considerations in the design of a well-rounded approach that meets the needs of all students. Our Language Skill Assessment Package will help make it easy for you.
This simple-to-use package contains everything you need to:
- Conduct a pre-test at the beginning of the year when you have many new students and you need to determine the AIM kit level that is most appropriate for them.
- Conduct a post-test at the end of the year to:
- demonstrate the potentially highly significant language skill progression over the course of the year
- determine the areas of strength and weakness of individual students for future planning
- determine if there are any consistent gaps in language skill areas that will help you to improve your delivery to ensure a balance among all four language skills
The contents include:
Section 1: Overview of the CEFR
- A brief introduction to the CEFR
- The Action-Oriented Approach
- A Language Skills and Strategies Chart
- A Self-Assessment Grid for AIM teachers
Section 2: Language Skills Assessment Package, including both a Teacher Handbook and a Student Workbook
The full-color Student Workbook and Teacher Handbook are included for each of the different levels.
Section 3: Student Portfolio - Mon portfolio de langues
- An excellent resource for both AIM and non-AIM teachers
- Effectively determines the student language levels
- Can be used for pre- or post-test assessments
- Helps students reflect on their current language knowledge and potential for future language learning
- Serves as a record of student progress over time